My child made an in-app purchase without my consent. Can I refund the purchase?
We would be happy to help you get a refund for your order as long as the in-game currency has not been spent. However, please note that we do not provide partial refunds.
If these purchases were made on an android device, please use the Contact Us button and our support team will assist you. We will need the email address associated with your Google Play account, Game title and account password. Your account password can be found by tapping the menu icon at the top left of your screen, then tapping missions, then tapping Options from the bottom right of the screen. Next tap the Help tab and your account password is listed there. We will also require a screenshot of the full purchase receipt that includes the Google Play order number in the image. This can be found at the email you've associated with your Google Play purchases.
If this was a purchase for an apple device, or through the amazon store please contact Apple or Amazon for a refund. We actually don't have the ability to refund you from our end. All purchases are handled through their stores. They are usually fairly responsive.
Here are the steps to contact Apple about this:
- On your iTunes invoice, there is a link for Purchase History, click that and it will open up iTunes.
- Login with your username and password if you are prompted
- A page with your recent purchases should be shown. On there, scroll down and click the "Report a Problem" button.
- Find the invoice with this purchase on it, and click the "Report a Problem" link next to it in the list.
- Fill out the form explaining that you did not wish to purchase the item for this game. Include as much detail as you remember, and Apple will usually respond within a 2-3 days and process the refund in a timely manner. Make sure to mention you have already contacted us.
-When you get to the "Report a Problem" form, make sure to select the reason from the drop down that says something like "I inadvertently purchased this". If you select one of the other reasons, like "I'm having trouble with this application", they will send you to us for help.
- Your login and password is required before purchases get made but then there is a window after one purchase is made that you can continue to make purchases without logging in. If you have a child or someone else using your phone and want to add an extra layer of protection against in-app purchases, you can also turn on the controls described here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213
Here are the steps to contact Amazon about this:
- Visit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/apps-help.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200551840 where an amazon customer service agent will be able to help you.
We also recommend setting a password for making purchases on your device to avoid having this happen again in the future. Click
here to learn how to set a password of purchases.